Is your energy bill too high in the wintertime here in Brantford? Are you sacrificing your comfort for lower energy bills? Have you thought of installing an energy-efficient furnace?  

Let’s face it, heating your home is expensive, but not at the cost of your comfort. People are always looking for ways to save money, especially during the winter. Installing a new energy-efficient furnace is the long-term solution that you have been looking for.  

But when it comes to replacing your furnace, the biggest question is; How can I save money on a new furnace? Before we go any further, let’s discuss what an energy efficient furnace actually is. 

What Is Energy-Efficiency?  

It’s important to know what efficiency means. Energy-efficiency is about decreasing waste. Ideally, you want all the effort (input) you put into something to be productive (output). In the case of a furnace, input is the fuel and you want all of it to heat your home. 

 For example, if your current furnace is 80% efficient, it means that out of 100% fuel (input), only 80% (output) is consumed to heat your home and the remaining 20% is going to waste. The higher the efficiency, the less you waste.   

In terms of money, on every dollar that you spend on fuel, only 80 cents are used to heat your home and the remaining 20 cents are going to waste.   

In simple terms, the more efficient your furnace is, the more money you save in long term.    

Can an Energy-Efficient Furnace Help Save Money?  

In the past few years, technology has transformed the efficiency of newer furnaces. Only a decade ago, most furnaces were operating at 78% efficiency. Today, the highest quality furnaces boast 95% efficiency.   

What 95% efficiency from a new furnace means is that nearly all the energy you pay for gets converted into heat. 

In terms of money, with 95% efficiency, you are only wasting 5% or 5 cents on every dollar you spend on energy. Isn’t that great news for saving money on a new furnace in the long term? 

Benefits of a New High-Efficiency Furnace 

While money matters when it comes to buying a new furnace, a high-efficiency furnace offers more in return than just savings.  

Peace of Mind 

With an energy-efficient furnace, you will be confident in your new heating system this winter. With annual tune-ups and proper care, you will be able to rest easy every night without having to wake up at 4 am with no heat in23 degree weather.   

Quieter Home   

Do you groan out loud when your furnace turns on, and get ready to deal with the noise? High-efficiency furnaces are much quieter, thanks to those leaps forward in technology. After you install a new furnace, you won’t be disrupted every time the furnace kicks into gear. 

Environmentally Friendly   

High efficiency means that your new furnace will also be a little better for nature. Not only will it keep you warm and comfortable, but you’ll also feel good about making an environmentally-conscious choice.  

Use Tax Credits or Rebates for A New Furnace   

Are you still unsure if savings resulting from an energy-efficient furnace are enough? The federal government will give you significant tax credits to help with your purchase. 

The energy incentives offered by the federal government will allow you to get up to $5,000 in rebates when you complete two or more energy-saving upgrades to your home. 

If you are buying a new furnace as one of your upgrades, then three or more upgrades are required to be eligible for $1,000 in rebates. 


Once you’ve decided to focus on long-term savings and reduce your energy bills, you have to pick the right high-efficiency furnace. 

We will help you make the right choice, but we will also make sure that our experienced and certified new furnace installation technicians will treat your home as if it was their own, leaving it as good, if not better, then when they arrived.  

Contact the HVAC experts at TradeCraft to learn more about our range of high-efficiency furnaces in Brantford and get a quote today! 

You can also check out our various promotional offers designed to help you save money on a new furnace!